About Aaron Swerdlow:1-424-239-2866
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Aaron Swerdlow guides emerging technology, private equity, consumer brands, and entertainment clients with transactional, employment, and other corporate law matters. His practice includes drafting and negotiating private equity, corporate restructuring, licensing, and rights agreements. He also negotiates and drafts joint venture, finance, employment, marketing, and third-party media service agreements.
He has extensive experience in negotiations and arbitrations involving contract, intellectual property, antitrust, and international issues. Aaron has negotiated with nearly every National Basketball Association franchise representing high-level executives and coaches. He has also negotiated against Fox representing high-profile on-air talent, negotiated against major sports brands on behalf of top-ranked U.S. tennis players regarding endorsement deals, and negotiated and closed multimillion-dollar fundraising for numerous Los Angeles-area emerging technology companies.
He is an active member of The American Lawyer’s Young Lawyer Editorial Board, Law360’s Sports Editorial Advisory Board, and the LawInSport Editorial Board. He is also the editor-in-chief of the sports law section in Matthew Bender’s quarterly treatise, “Entertainment Industry Contracts,” has consulted for a Los Angeles-area NCAA athletic department, and regularly serves on sports law panels.
As the general counsel of a boutique sports agency, Aaron advised professional basketball coaches and retired NBA athletes on employment, licensing, sponsorship, and equity investment matters. He worked with high-profile coaches and sports executives, including NBA coaches, general managers, team presidents, and NCAA head coaches, as well as managed the agency’s internal legal matters.
Industries Served/ Practice Areas:
- Business Opportunities/ Negotiations
- Corporate Counseling
- Corporate Finance
- Commercial Transactions
- Employment and Board Agreements
- Entity Selection, Structuring and Advisory
- Entertainment and Sports
- Fashion and Beauty
- Joint Ventures and Partnerships
- Licensing and Endorsements
- Outside General Counsel
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Glaser Weil Fink Howard Avchen & Shapiro LLP
- General Counsel and Managing Director for prominent NBA and NCAA coaches, and executive sports agency
- In-house counsel for a venture-backed emerging software technology company
- Aaron is quoted and recognized for his work on complex business transactions in publications including ABC News, USA Today, The New York Times, The American Lawyer, The SportsBusiness Journal, Bloomberg News, Financial Times, Variety, Fox Sports, the Associated Press, and other leading outlets. He also has authored articles about the intersections of law and technology, sports business, and e-sports for publications such as Law360, VentureBeat, and the Daily Journal (California).